Massachusetts Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment - Training & Technical Assistance
MASBIRT TTA trains medical providers, behavioral health providers, public health service providers, and healthcare support staff to conduct Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) services to address the spectrum of unhealthy substance use (i.e., alcohol, prescription drug, illicit drug, tobacco).
MASBIRT TTA aims to establish SBIRT practice as a standard of care in diverse healthcare settings throughout Massachusetts by providing implementation and sustainability guidance, along with skills training and coaching for all levels of clinical and administrative personnel. MASBIRT TTA uses diverse teaching methods and provides ongoing technical assistance, troubleshooting, and coaching.
SBIRT in Schools- How to comply with the Massachusetts legislation.
News and Events
In the News:
CDC releases Planning and Implementing Screening and Brief Intervention for Risky Alcohol Use: A Step-by-Step Guide for Primary Care Practices
The Partnership at Drugfree.org reports: Medications to Help People Stop Drinking Rarely Prescribed
National SBIRT ATTC reports: Implementing SBIRT: The Need for New Resources and Approaches for Primary Care Physicians &
Physician Roles in Addressing Alcohol and Drug Use Disorders in the 21st Century
- SBIRT in Native American Populations on May 11, 2016 from 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
- Preventing Prescription Drug Abuse and Doctor Shopping: Prescribing Guidelines and Intervention Skills for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals on May 25, 2016 from 3:00 - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
- Mastering SBIRT Skills Using Virtual Patients: A Next Generation Approach on May 31, 2016 from 1:00 - 2:00 PM Eastern Time
- Brief Interventions for Alcohol Use: Particularly Effective for Hispanic Patients? on June 15, 2016 from 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
- The National SBIRT ATTC Webinar Wednesday Presents: Dr. D'Onofrio on June 22, 2016 from 3:00 - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
- Intimate Partner Violence SBIRT: The WINGS Intervention Model on June 22, 2016 from 3:00 - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
- Featured Programs Using SBIRT and Technology July 6, 2016 from 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
- How Oregon Dramatically Increased SBIRT in Primary Care on October 12, 2016 from 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
- The National SBIRT ATTC Webinar Wednesday Series Presents: Alexander Waitt MS, MS ED on November 9, 2016 from 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
Screen yourself at:
Subscribe to Massachusetts SBIRT News